Friday, February 22, 2008

The Life of Ben Carson

The life of Ben Carson is an inspiration to me and can relate to my Goals because everyone called him a dummy and the teachers thought that he was stupid too. Sure, he would become angry and frustrated, but he never gave up on himself. He had confidence to believe that he could become an intelligent boy, and never be called a dummy again. Every night, his mother would check his work and have him read two books each week. Ben’s mother could not read as much as Ben, but she didn’t want him to end up like her, so she encouraged him to read and read. Finally, a day came that changed his life. A classroom visitor held up a rock and asked “What kind of rock is this?” He knew what the rock was, but his fear conquered his ability to speak. Ben raised his hand and answered “Obsidian”, the correct answer. From his life story I can learn that whatever people say, I’ll never let it get to my head. I can accomplish anything I set my mind to. Ben Carson’s life can relate to my goals. I am determined to accomplish my goals. He is a big inspiration to me.

Abby Gonzalez

No comments: